Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Revamping blog

Hey Everyone,

I have been doing a lot of reading about blogs and so I decided create a Blogging Strategy but the first thing I want to do is to tell you a little about myself.

I was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and all the goodies that go along with all of these diseases, in 1999. I thought my life as I knew it was over. When I left the doctor's office, I wasn't even at my car, and I busted out in tears. I cryed all the way home and for a few more hours when I got home. I kept wondering how I was going to tell my husband of 2 years. We were still considered newlyweds, still on the honeymoon. Lost were all those weekend trips we would take at the drop of a hat. Lost were the night rides on the motorcycle, the nights with friends, pretty much everything to do with a normal life. Gone! Or so I thought at that time. Later I would find out that my life wasn't over it just need to be tweaked a little.

For the next 12 years I spent my time researching each and everyone of those diseases trying to find out just what they were, what the known therapies were, what medications there were that would help me to have a somewhat normal life, until I figured out that by changing my diet, exercising, journaling, and taking supplements was what I needed to do. Until several years ago there were no medication specifically for fibromyalgia so all I could do was take Tramadol for my pain. Then Lycria came along and I tried it, but my tongue and throat swelled up (that is part of the side effects) and the pharmacist told me to go off of it because I was schedule to go in for surgery in a week and he thought it would create complications for me. Then in January of 2009 the FDA approved a medication called Savella. It is the best thing going for me right now. For 12 years I knew only pain, now, I am almost back to the way I was before all h____ broke out.

I have a strong belief that everyone can beat their health issues by staying informed and getting as much information as they can about whatever is wrong with their health. That way when you do go to the doctor you will know your options and you will be able to talk to them better. Taking control of your health is a choice. A choice that can be better made when you arm yourself with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment